and now to defeat the harper government

Well, I thought I'd be sad. But I'm not sad. I'm excited.

I'm not excited about Thomas Mulcair, but I'm excited about a re-grouped and re-energized New Democratic Party. I almost don't care who the leader is. All I want is to beat Harper.

All I want is to stop building prisons and redirect those funds to education.

All I want is to protect and enhance publicly financed health care.

All I want is to eradicate poverty.

All I want is to stop wasteful military spending.

All I want is Canada out of Afghanistan, Libya, and wherever else they'll follow the US.

All I want is to tax corporations fairly so we can give ordinary people better lives.

All I want is a government that will protect and sustain the environment.

All I want is a real democracy.

That's all I want from my government.

I know I won't get everything on my wish-list, but there's only one party that will even try to get us there, and if Thomas Mulcair is the leader of that party, then I'm on board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.