open thread

I'm turning wmtc over to you today. I'm working on something meaty for us to discuss and debate, but my brain's not up to it yet today. (I might wait for Monday.) So why don't we talk about whatever you want?

Some trivia from my life to get things going.

It's very cold today. -14 C (2 F), -25 C (-13 F) with the wind-chill - very cold for the GTA. It looks like all of Canada is in a deep freeze. It makes for shorter dog-walks, but I'm happy the sun is shining.

I still don't have any word-processing work. I'm not worried, I know it will come eventually. Meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy my freedom while I have it. I also have lots of time to finish up my current Kids On Wheels stories and start an assignment for New Mobility.

I'm trying to brush up on my Spanish for our trip to Peru, but every time I sit down with the book, my eyes glaze over.

This week I solved the mystery of how to clean inside old radiators, thanks to a Helpful Canadian Tire person.

We also worked on the house more this week. I love it and hope to live here a long time.

My mother's best friend, and an important member of my chosen family, is very ill. She's having hospice care at home. It's not a tragedy: she's 87 years old and is not suffering greatly. It's very hard on my mom.

That last doesn't qualify as trivia. I'm trying to end on a lighter note, but I can't think of anything. I'll just get more coffee and turn this over to you. What's new? Any good stories to share? Oddball links to post? Dick Cheney jokes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.