dogs get bit

Minor-league hockey was great. As we assumed, there were reasonably priced tickets, good seats in a small arena, a friendly crowd, and a lively game. There were also lots of silly minor-league promotions, including a shootout from someone in the crowd - and they did play "Raise A Little Hell". (Thanks Wrye and Trevor!)

Because we work on the weekends, I don't know how many games we'll ever see, but I would do it again before baseball season starts.

A friendly man sitting next to me coached us on some strategy. He coaches his daughter's team: she's 7, and this is her fourth year of hockey. Wow.

I wish I had brought my camera, if only to get a picture of the Mississauga Ice Dogs' mascot, Blue. (Scroll down for Baby Blue.) It seems so appropriate that our local team has a canine name. Their community hockey team is the Ice Puppies. Love it.

Oh yeah, the Ice Dogs lost, 4-2.

* * * *

When Allan wakes up, he's going to guest-post. He read some commentary on the results of the election, asked me my opinion, and I suggested we throw it out to you all.

He's sleeping in before his long work weekend (39 hours in 3 days), so check back later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.