backwater

Our backyard is a lake. Or, in light of the real Lake down the street, perhaps the backyard is better described as a pond. Poor drainage does not begin to describe what is going on back there.

In other, drier news, yesterday I got to play tour guide for a change, showing off our little stretch of Waterfront Trail and Port Credit village to Marnie.

On our way, we met a woman walking a whole pack of nice dogs, and I think I've found a dogwalker! Since I'm working from home, we don't need dogwalking on a daily basis. But we don't believe in leaving a dog alone for extended periods of time; even if they can technically handle it, more than 4 or 5 hours without a walk or some company doesn't seem right to me. So if (for example) we're in the city for the day, and want to stay out for dinner, we can't really, unless we have someone to come in and take care of Cody. That was one bit of settling-in business I hadn't taken care of - and I think it might have taken care of itself yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.