follow-ups

Mississauga's recycling program is amazing. We have barely one large bag of garbage each week. Now I can see how the "three bag standard" is possible.

* * * *

I also wanted to clarify something regarding my earlier observation about the relative frugality of Canadians. Although I have had some private amusement over concerns about the price long-distance phone calls and parking, at the same time, I've been bowled over by Canadians' personal generosity towards me and Allan. So many people - including many of you - have shared their time, thoughts and support. Some of you have given us "welcome to Canada" gifts (both edible and not!), which we are much abashed to accept.

This is clearly a culture that values giving to others. I see that on a daily basis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.