this week in buster

Man, am I getting antsy.

I have a few plans this week, and since the massive heat wave broke, I'll actually be able to enjoy them. Mostly, we're taking care of a zillion niggling details and running down the clock.

Everyone is asking if we've started packing. The answer is no. I didn't want to drag it out for weeks. We're going to make an all-out push and do it all next week. Our bookshelves are completely bricked in with empty boxes, and our bubble wrap, tape, and other equipment are all lined up and ready to go.

Today we take Buster for his every-other-month eye checkup, pick up more meds for his brutalized intestines, and learn how to give injections. We start him on Prednisone today, and if you've ever been on it, you know we're in for a rough week. Cortisone is a miracle drug, but it comes with plenty of side effects. B will be voraciously hungry, voraciously thirsty, and will want to pee constantly. Should be fun. But believe me, I am not complaining. The ulcer medication seems to be helping, and the Prednisone might bring everything under control. I'm grateful and relieved.

Have a good day, everyone. I'll check in with comments later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.