one last tourism day

I'm taking another exploring day, the last one, I think, while I'm still living here.

Allan and I are spending the day in Brooklyn, where I first lived when I moved to the city on my own, and where we first lived together when Allan moved down from Vermont. There's something I always wanted to do there, and never got around to...

Allan also wants to visit Prospect Park, where our first dogs used to romp. Gypsy would drag me up the hill to the Park, choking herself (this was before we discovered the Halti). As soon as we stepped foot in the Park, I'd let her off the leash and she'd streak away, up and over the hills, a disappearing speck, until she was completely out of sight. Some minutes later she'd come circling back, still racing at top speed. Later, after we found Clyde, Gypsy would prevent her from running too far away or getting lost. Our girls. They were the best.

the girls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.