life among the boxes

Yesterday began with me accidentally giving Cody one of Buster's pills, and ended with our phone service being cut off.

Fortunately everything in the middle was much less eventful.

The pill. Buster needs so many pills in the morning, so I give them to him with pieces of chicken. So of course I give Cody chicken, too - and I absent-mindedly fed her a chunk of chicken with a pill in it. As soon as it left my hand I realized what I had done. I haven't been sleeping too well, and it's showing.

I wasn't sure if one pill could hurt her, but I didn't want to worry about it all day. Dog-loving readers, if you ever need to induce vomiting in your pup, make them ingest some hydrogen peroxide, then wait. A remedy we learned when our little dog Clyde got into a bottle of Advil.

The phone. Vonage mistakenly de-activated our router and charged us $99 for the privilege. In customer-service-speak, "the issue is currently unresolved," meaning I still have no phone. I had made half a dozen important calls during the day, so I had to call everyone back and leave more voice mails, asking people to call my cell phone instead.

I love VOIP. I really do. Just not today.

The only other event, besides packing, is how frequently Buster has to go out, a side effect of the Prednisone. We take turns taking him out all day long and often in the middle of the night, too. I arranged double dog-walking for him this weekend - our dog-walker is glad to spend more time with the pups while she can. So our drive north on Tuesday will take a little longer. But who cares. I'm glad he's feeling better, and he won't be on the medication forever.

If I sound whiny, I'm really not. I'm taking it all in stride. Stuff happens. Things are progressing nicely. The only packing we have left is the kitchen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.