holy shit the movers are coming on friday

My calendar for this week has one word written across the next four days: P - A - C - K. We got a lot done on Friday, and I'm confident we'll have a productive - sweaty, dusty, muscle-straining - week.

I spent most of yesterday emailing with Freecyclers who want to take some old furniture and air-conditioners off my hands. You guys all know about Freecycle, right? I thought it was just an expression - I didn't realize it was an actual organization.

I must be the last person to discover Freecycle, but then, I'm not big on acquiring other people's used goods. I am, however, very big on giving stuff away. Freecycle is like putting something on the curb for scavengers, but your whole town or city has a shot at it. Yet another fantastic use of the internet.

In other news, the Stones rock Fenway! What a great place to see them. We saw them a couple of times at Shea Stadium, approximately the same size and type of venue*, and it was great. (I think those shows were numbers 6 and 7 of the 10 times I've seen the Stones. That number is no longer growing: I'm done.) Here's a cool pic of the set.




* Although I would never compare glorious Fenway Park to that pit where the Mets play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.