buster news

I gave Buster an injection!

The B12 shots are weekly. Last week the vet (actually the vet eye doctor, since we had an appointment) demonstrated how to do it. So this morning was my first go.

I was nervous, but it was a snap. Allan held Buster's head and talked to him, and B didn't seem to notice a thing. Not a yelp, not even a flinch. The doc thought the quantity of fluid - a full 10 cc's - might be an issue, but it wasn't at all. Now that I see it didn't hurt, I won't be afraid to do it next week.

Thank you so much, James, Dogsled_Stacie and others who helped me get the confidence to do this!

Back to the boxes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.