and we're starting a new life

When I hear that robin sing
Well I know it's coming on spring
Ooo-we and we're starting a new life

I've been shovelling the snow away
Working hard for my pay
All I gotta say is we're starting a new life
Van Morrison, Starting A New Life.
Not much of a song to read, but very nice to hear.
I've spent my life following things I cannot see
And just when I catch up to them, they slip away from me
I've been down a thousand trails I've never walked before
I found out that without fail, they lead me to your door

And the world keeps turning round and round
It leaves me hanging in the air
My heart keeps turning upside down
And you're still standin' there
Steve Earle, You're Still Standing There.
For my partner. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.