a grand day out

Thanks for all your good wishes, you guys. We had a lovely day.

Fenway Park has always been my favorite ballpark. It's really one of my favorite places, period. And although I watch or listen to a baseball game almost every day, because I no longer enjoy going to Yankee Stadium, I haven't actually attended a baseball game all season. I miss it! When I walk up those steps and see that brilliantly green grass, and that crazy green wall, I feel pure joy.

The weather was beautiful - hot, but not humid, and breezy - we had excellent seats behind the Red Sox dugout, and the Sox breezed to a win. To cap it off, Allan surprised me with this:

fenway 07.20.05 005

Cool, huh? (In case you can't read it, it says "The Red Sox wish a Happy 20th Anniversary to Allan Wood and Laura Kaminker".)

It's funny, I never thought that celebrating the day we met was unusual, but judging from yesterday's comments, I guess it is. As I've mentioned in other contexts, we don't celebrate any of the standard holidays. No Christmas, no Chanukah or Passover, and we barely acknowledge national holidays like Memorial Day and 4th of July - except by getting extra hours at work. We're completely areligious, so we haven't substituted any Pagan rituals, as I know some people do. Instead, we have the four Major Holidays of the Kaminker-Wood household: two birthdays, the anniversary of the day we met, and the anniversary of our domestic partnership. Something tells me we're about to add a fifth. You can guess what it is.

Now, with two days left until my final deadline, I will forego posting about the larger world, and selfishly concentrate on my own. Take care, all - see you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.