politics, pucks and pride

I see there's some political news up north. As usual, I'll leave my Canadian readers to wrangle over it. I did notice, though, that this means the vote on gay marriage will happen sooner rather than later. Excellent!

I did like this bit, too:
The Conservatives could only sputter and fume after their unofficial partners in the Bloc Quebecois deserted them to join the Liberals and the NDP to cut off debate on the budget.

They compared their Liberal, NDP and Bloc opponents to crooks, Satan and Hollywood homicidal maniac Hannibal Lecter.
Now that's politics!

Lone Primate has informed me that I'll be able to participate in Canadian elections even without citizenship or the right to vote. I'm amazed! I will definitely investigate this as we get settled it. Not quite the "on arrival" list, but probably the "during the first six months" list.

Meanwhile, back in New York City, I haven't posted anything for Pride. Yesterday when I switched on our New York City local news channel - just to check the temperature outside my air-conditioned cocoon - I saw this story on a gay hockey league at Chelsea Piers. So happy Pride from wmtc to the NYCGH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.