find yourself a city to live in

I'm amazed, but I actually like the new design for the World Trade Center site. I strongly disliked the design that was chosen, and it's been tinkered with so much that I stopped paying attention. I figured I'd just catch up with it when they were finished playing with it.

Now the new design for "Freedom Tower" (excuse me while I gag) has been released, and lo and behold, it's an improvement.

Info on the design here, and the Times has a slide show and video. This is just the tower, of course, not the whole complex or the memorial.

I saw a headline the other day in one of the NYC tabloids: "Pataki Nixes Nutty Anti-American Art at Ground Zero". Nutty Anti-American Art? I guess someone suggested the US might be held accountable for something and isn't always 100% right. Arrest that man! (Begone foul spirit?)

The title of this post makes no sense, but we were watching Talking Heads concerts last night (Red Sox had a day game). Alternate title: "You may ask yourself, how do I work this?"

61 days. [Countdown moving to a more prominent location...]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.