shea stadium, 1:05 est, pavano vs petey

The Yankees are playing the Mets this weekend (boo, interleague!), and today's the game everyone's been waiting for: Pedro vs the Yankees. Here's how it looks from my little corner of the world:

1. I hate the Mets. I love to hate the Mets! Hating the Mets is like a national pastime for me.

2. I love Pedro Martinez. He's one of the many attractions that ushered me into Red Sox Nation.

3. I really like Willie Randolph, former Yankee, now the Mets manager. I've liked Willie from his playing days in the late 1970s, when I first got into baseball. Plus he's the first African-American manager in New York and I want him to do well.

4. I want the Yankees to lose. The more they lose this year, the happier I am.

5. I especially want the Yankees to be bested by Pedro, for reasons that should be obvious to most baseball fans. (And if you're not a fan, I won't bore you with the explanation.)

6. But I hate the Mets!

What to do?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 28: day of mourning for workers killed and injured on the job

welcome to toronto, where everything is 1½ hours away

what i'm reading: the sword and the shield: the revolutionary lives of malcolm x and martin luther king jr.